To become a "Jesus Built" Church.
BETHANY’S MINISTRY MODEL
Bethany is a church that follows the “Jesus Built” model of ministry. Jesus said, “I will build my church (Matthew 16:18). Bethany is His church and is built on a three-layered foundation.
The GREAT CONFESSION:
The bedrock foundation layer is the GREAT CONFESSION as found in Matthew 16:16. It was Peter who responded to Jesus’ request to tell Him who they thought that He was. Peter made the great confession of the faith: “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” That confession is the bedrock upon which Jesus promised to build his church. Bethany Church’s goal is to point people to confess Jesus as Savior, Lord, the Christ, the Son of God.
The GREAT COMMANDMENT:
The second layer of the foundation upon which Jesus builds His church is the GREAT COMMANDMENT as found in Luke 10:27. Jesus Himself gave this great commandment. He said, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.” The goal of Bethany’s worship is to love the Lord and the goal of all our fellowship and service is to love our neighbors.
The GREAT COMMISSION:
The third layer of the foundation upon which Jesus builds His church is the GREAT COMMISSION as found in Matthew 28:19-20. With all authority in heaven andn on earth Jesus commissioned the church to “Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” It is the mission of Bethany to make fully devoted followers of Jesus in our community and around the world by sharing the gospel, baptizing believers, and teaching in the local church.
Please join with us and see what great thing Jesus will do as He builds into our lives at Bethany.
You may learn more about our "Jesus Built" model of ministry here.
BETHANY'S CORE VALUES
- Worship is our response to God’s faithfulness.
- We experience individual response to God; we value our opportunity to gather as believers to praise God, seek His will for us, and to pray for the needs of others and ourselves.
- Every person is called to have a relationship with a loving God through his Son, Jesus our Savior.
- We value all people, each having been entrusted by God with skills and talents (gifts) which are to be used to contribute to the Body of Christ, the Church.
- The journey begins with a declaration of faith, going through the waters of baptism, and continuing with an ongoing pilgrimage throughout our entire life.
- We value the teachings of scripture and the guidance and leading of the Holy Spirit as we strive to both be and make disciples of Jesus Christ, our Savior.
- We value being in community.
- As God dwells among us, we seek His help to work together as a group in sharing and serving.
- This enables us to be open, honest, and accepting.
- We value the opportunity to be of service to one another and to all those in need in the wider communities.
- We show God’s love in the world through action born of compassion.
- As we live, work, and play, we strive to share God’s love with everyone we encounter.